Business Opportunities and Planning for Private Bankers
About This Course
The business of private banking is boosted by the increasing wealth among Asians and also young Asians in today’s market. There are now more millionaires in Asia-Pacific than in Europe. Some even said that the numbers are nearing that of North America. The recent pandemic that doesn’t seem to go away yet, has expedited certain trends and market development. The market landscape is shifting so rapidly though it doesn’t require keen eyes to see the vast opportunities, strategic thinking that fosters business opportunities may sometimes be missing.
The course provides private bankers and their support team members a learning experience to engage in strategic perspectives that are important to business opportunities development. They will also interact with organisations on how policies, procedures and processes are key to organisational positioning.
Who Should Attend
- Relationship Managers
- Assistant Relationship Managers
- Product Specialist
- Investment Counsellor
- Front-line Staff
- Develop customer acquisition and retention programmes
- Develop business opportunities based on customer needs and expectations
- Develop recommendations to improve the organisation’s positioning in the market
- Review strategic and partnership opportunities through quantity and qualitative analyses
- Develop goals, plans and related metrics to track progress and manage obstacles to achieve program objectives
- Implement metrics in tracking success of customer engagement
- Identify business processes for execution to align with organisational policies, practises and procedure
- Identify and assess own job scope, roles and responsibilities to support relevant strategic and operational plans
- Identify and carry out actions and behaviours to support organisational vision, mission and values
- Monitor and report status progress to relevant stakeholders for review
- Review business processes to identify areas for improvement
About IBF Certification
This course addresses the following Technical Skills and Competencies (TSCs) and Proficiency Level (PL):
- A4. Business Opportunities Development - Level 4
- A6. Business Planning - Level 3
Participants are encouraged to access the IBF MySkills Portfolio to track their training progress and skills acquisition against the Skills Framework for Financial Services. You can apply for IBF Certification after fulfilling the required number of Technical Skills and Competencies (TSCs) for the selected job role.
Find out more about IBF certification and the application process on https://www.ibf.org.sg/certification/Pages/Why-be-Certified.aspx
Market Landscape and Trends
- The 3 types of market trends
- Market Demand Forecast in midst of Market Trends
- Identifying parameters for new products
Moving into Market & Customer Targeting
- Key strategies in Market Targeting in PB
- Target Market Segmentation
- Client Acquisition and Retention Strategies
Customer Relations and Customer Engagement
- Developing strong customer relations
- Client Engagement through omni-channel communication
- Methods of Clients Relations Development
- Clients Engagement Matrix and Measurement on Effectiveness
Organization Market Positioning
- Different types of Positioning Strategies
- Implementing plans for positioning
- Quantitative and Qualitative evaluation of positioning, programs and partnership
Core Ideology Strategy
- Vision, Mission and Values
- External Policies, Internal Policies and Practises
- Business Processes, policies, practises and procedures
- Characteristics of well-defined processes
- 3 major types of Business Processes
- Business Process Management in Private Banking
- Successful Attitude towards Business Processes in Private Banking
- Essential Attributes of Ideal Business Processes
Performance System and KPIs
- Performance System and Purpose of KPIs in organisations
- 4 Important Aspects of KPIs
- Additional Elements of Performance Management in Private Banking
Assessment - MCQ
Gordon Aw, started his working life in the IT field with Apple Computers Singapore. After two years, he joined a non-profit organization for more than 15 years as a management staff before he left to be a senior consultant with a regional consulting company which is now known as Capelle Consulting/Academy. He later joined FHL Capital as compliance officer and was involved with investments in properties and equity market and financial planning. Subsequently, he set up his own company in corporate training and finance technology in equity algorithms. Having introduced many HNWIs to insurance agencies, he decided to obtained financial advisory license in 2016 to better advise and assist his clients.
In the context of training with financial organizations, investment and insurance agencies include key management officers, relationship managers and analysts over the last 20 years. Known as a talented orator and powerful motivational speaker and being adept in both English and Mandarin, Gordon is very well sought after for sessions in relationship management, effective leadership, team leadership, personal effectiveness, effective communication and business development. His key clients include government agencies, multi-national organizations and financial institutions such as insurance agencies, banks and property agencies. With more than 20 years of experience, he is also an experienced trainer of trainers, and had conducted sessions in China, Hong Kong, Saudi Arabia, Malaysia, Australia, Vietnam, Taiwan, the United States of America amidst many countries.
Gordon was invited as a subject expert in the early years for the WSQ competency framework development. He successfully developed several programs in leadership and communication for the agency he was involved with. He was also the competency framework architect for the King Faisal Hospital in Saudi Arabia for over 5 years.
He is a certified NLP Practitioner and a certified behavioural consultant in the DiSC© Personal Profile System, The Personal Listening Profile©, TICS® Values Profile, Taylor Johnson Temperament Tests, Big-Five and the TICS© Values System. He is well known as a communication/behavior specialist and has also developed several behavioural and leadership tests on his own and customized them for his clients.
His specialties include:
- Contextual Leadership
- Leadership Challenge
- Effective Communication Skills
- Power Presentation Skills
- Strategic Thinking Process
- Executive Coaching
- Change Processes
- Conflict Management
- Success in Negotiations
Gordon received his first degree in Philosophy and Theology from Trinity Theological College and completed his MBA program with University of Hull, England.
This programme has been accredited under the IBF Standards, and is eligible for funding under the IBF Standards Training Scheme (IBF-STS), subject to all eligibility criteria being met. Candidates are advised to assess the suitability of the programme and its relevance to participants’ business activities or job roles.
For latest development on the Enhanced Funding Support for IBF-STS, please visit the IBF Standards Training Scheme site.
About the IBF Standards
The IBF Standards are a set of competency standards for financial skills. These Standards are developed in partnership with industry leaders and provide a professional development and skills roadmap for financial sector practitioners to excel in their respective job roles. They currently cover 12 industry segments in the financial sector.
About the Institute of Banking and Finance Singapore
The Institute of Banking and Finance Singapore (IBF) is the national accreditation and certification agency for financial industry competency in Singapore under the IBF Standards. Find out more on www.ibf.org.sg
Early Bird Discount
Enjoy 10% early bird discount when you register one (1) month before the course commencement date.