Build and Develop the Team of Relationship Managers
About This Course
Clients’ trust must be earned in relationship management. The same is required of a RM team lead. He or she must possess the right skills, knowledge, attitude and experience to properly influence a team of Relationship Managers. The role of the team lead is to glue the team to the bank’s required standards, business goals while balancing advisory integrity with clients. A good team leader will be able to bring out the best in the team in results, but also in values and standards that will cement a long lasting wealth building business. This course provides the skills for them to do so.
Who Should Attend
- Team leaders or cluster heads with both client management and team management functions
- Team leaders with a key team management role
- To gain knowledge and practices to attract talent for the role of Relationship Manager
- To grow the team through identifying and hiring of new talent, and retaining top performers
- Learn to communicate and create a culture of teamwork towards common goals, achieving targets set, adopting best practices and living shared values
- Lead and guide the team to uphold and deliver best practise standards and ethical conduct in the care and management of client relationships to help clients achieve their wealth management goals
About IBF Certification
This course addresses the following Technical Skills and Competencies (TSCs) and Proficiency Level (PL):
- A1. Benchmarking - Level 4
- A13. Ethical Culture - Level 5
- A19. Strategy Planning - Level 4
- B11. Service Challenges - Level 4
- F2. People Performance Management - Level 5
- G15. Product Advisory - Level 4
Participants are encouraged to access the IBF MySkills Portfolio to track their training progress and skills acquisition against the Skills Framework for Financial Services. You can apply for IBF Certification after fulfilling the required number of Technical Skills and Competencies (TSCs) for the selected job role.
Find out more about IBF certification and the application process on https://www.ibf.org.sg/certification/Pages/Why-be-Certified.aspx
Defining Team Leadership & Challenges facing a Team Leader in wealth management:
Our Team Leadership MODEL: Forming-Weaving-Managing-Performing
Hiring and Recruitment for Wealth Management
- What counts and what matters?
- Key election matrix, interview questions and what to look out for
- How to positivize your selection criteria
- A balance view of competency and capacity in selection
- Understanding Factors that Motivate or Demotivate in Private Banking
- Why do people join Wealth Management?
- What do people look out for in work-life?
- Factors that affect performance, retention and growth among Relationship Managers.
- Identifying situations/issues for intervention and better management
Effective Team/Employee Building and Management
- Phases of Life Motivation with Marslow Hierarchy of Needs.
- Management Quads – Four perspectives to apply right strategies for a better and more precise employee management
- How to incentivise team members with different aspirations?
- How to prioritize listening in leading the team
- Leadership in developing a positive team culture
- Matching intervention strategies to different phases of team dynamics
- How to coordinate desired behaviour with value and best practices
- How to intervene, coach and mentor members in performance and in difficult scenarios
- Applying Conflict Management concepts and skills to team conflicts
Leading from the front
- Model the way:
- Envisioning the Future with goals and values setting
- Weaving the value of clients’ interest, fair dealings and practices with wealth management goals
- How to surface, articulate and inspire shared values and build a professional culture that upholds PB Code of Conduct and clients’ interest and benchmark the best practices
- Rules-Role-Relations-Rewards – How to draw out a matrix that will position one’s management style to:
- effectively guide and communicate to RMs to balance clients’ needs with corporate goals
- effectively guide and promote the importance of ethical conduct and professionalism in Private Banking
- communicate and identify best practices that will develop better understanding of clients’ needs so as to establish a long term relationship with the client
Assessment - MCQ
Gordon Aw, started his working life in the IT field with Apple Computers Singapore. After two years, he joined a non-profit organization for more than 15 years as a management staff before he left to be a senior consultant with a regional consulting company which is now known as Capelle Consulting/Academy. He later joined FHL Capital as compliance officer and was involved with investments in properties and equity market and financial planning. Subsequently, he set up his own company in corporate training and finance technology in equity algorithms. Having introduced many HNWIs to insurance agencies, he decided to obtained financial advisory license in 2016 to better advise and assist his clients.
In the context of training with financial organizations, investment and insurance agencies include key management officers, relationship managers and analysts over the last 20 years. Known as a talented orator and powerful motivational speaker and being adept in both English and Mandarin, Gordon is very well sought after for sessions in relationship management, effective leadership, team leadership, personal effectiveness, effective communication and business development. His key clients include government agencies, multi-national organizations and financial institutions such as insurance agencies, banks and property agencies. With more than 20 years of experience, he is also an experienced trainer of trainers, and had conducted sessions in China, Hong Kong, Saudi Arabia, Malaysia, Australia, Vietnam, Taiwan, the United States of America amidst many countries.
Gordon was invited as a subject expert in the early years for the WSQ competency framework development. He successfully developed several programs in leadership and communication for the agency he was involved with. He was also the competency framework architect for the King Faisal Hospital in Saudi Arabia for over 5 years.
He is a certified NLP Practitioner and a certified behavioural consultant in the DiSC© Personal Profile System, The Personal Listening Profile©, TICS® Values Profile, Taylor Johnson Temperament Tests, Big-Five and the TICS© Values System. He is well known as a communication/behavior specialist and has also developed several behavioural and leadership tests on his own and customized them for his clients.
His specialties include:
- Contextual Leadership
- Leadership Challenge
- Effective Communication Skills
- Power Presentation Skills
- Strategic Thinking Process
- Executive Coaching
- Change Processes
- Conflict Management
- Success in Negotiations
Gordon received his first degree in Philosophy and Theology from Trinity Theological College and completed his MBA program with University of Hull, England.
This programme has been accredited under the IBF Standards, and is eligible for funding under the IBF Standards Training Scheme (IBF-STS), subject to all eligibility criteria being met. Candidates are advised to assess the suitability of the programme and its relevance to participants’ business activities or job roles.
For latest development on the Enhanced Funding Support for IBF-STS, please visit the IBF Standards Training Scheme site.
About the IBF Standards
The IBF Standards are a set of competency standards for financial skills. These Standards are developed in partnership with industry leaders and provide a professional development and skills roadmap for financial sector practitioners to excel in their respective job roles. They currently cover 12 industry segments in the financial sector.
About the Institute of Banking and Finance Singapore
The Institute of Banking and Finance Singapore (IBF) is the national accreditation and certification agency for financial industry competency in Singapore under the IBF Standards. Find out more on www.ibf.org.sg
Early Bird Discount
Enjoy 10% early bird discount when you register one (1) month before the course commencement date.