Complex Wealth Management Products
About This Course
This 8-hour course aims to equip private bankers with the practical knowledge of some complex investment products and strategies.
Who Should Attend
- Relationship managers and senior relationship managers in private banks
- Covered persons under Private Banking Code of Conduct
- Completed IBF Standards Wealth Management Private Banking Level 1 OR
- Min. 3 years of relevant working experience in private banking
- Acquire a clear understanding of higher complexity investment products and strategies
- Have an in-depth and practical knowledge on the characteristics, benefits and risks, limitations, obligations, and conditions of such products and strategies
- Understand the different risks that apply to such products and strategies
- Know the impact of macroeconomic and market changes on the marked-to-market valuation of such products and strategies
- Historical volatility
- Implied Volatility
- Implied Volatility Skew and Term Structure
- Volatility Cone
- Price Spikes
- Option Greeks
- Managing Greeks
- Trading Options
- Buying vs. Selling Options
- Risks of Options
- What are Convertible Bonds?
- Issuance of Convertible Bonds
- Features of Convertible Bonds
- Price Behaviour of Convertible Bonds
- Some Variations
- Traditional and Credit Analysis
- Traditional Analysis
- Credit Analysis
- Risks of Convertible Bonds
- Global Macro
- Discretionary Macro Trades
- Systematic Macro Trades
- Managed Futures
- Expectation Equation
- Trend-Following Strategy
- Equity Market Neutral
- Initial Screening
- Stock Selection
- Portfolio Construction
- Fixed Income Arbitrage
- What is Fixed Income Arbitrage?
- Swap Spread Arbitrage
- Yield Curve Arbitrage
- Mortgage Arbitrage
- Risks of Investing in Hedge Funds
Impact of Macroeconomic/Market Changes on Marked-to-Market Valuations
- Macroeconomic/Market Changes
- Impacts on Marked-to-Market Valuations
- Convertible Bonds
- Hedge Funds
Ng Lye Heng
CFA, CAIA, FRM
Lye Heng possessed 13 years of working experience in the banking industry and is a derivative specialist. He started his banking career in the early 1990s and held roles as principal derivative trader and product structurer. He traded derivatives on stock indices and fixed incomes in global financial markets, spanning Tokyo, Hong Kong, London, New York and Chicago. He concluded his career in the financial industry by managing market risk on the global trading book of a local bank.
In 2004, Lye Heng set up Salmon Thrust, offering training and consultancy in the areas of Investment, Treasury and Wealth Management. Clients include various global banks such as Citibank where he conducted a series of comprehensive investment workshops for the 200-odd relationship managers based in Singapore. To date, he has provided learning solutions across a variety of products and wealth management topics encompassing thousands of seminar delegate-days both in Singapore as well as in China. Lye Heng has also been a CFA trainer since 1999 and CAIA trainer since 2009.
Lye Heng holds a Master's degree in Social Science (Applied Economics) from National University of Singapore, and a Bachelor of Business degree (Financial Analysis) from Nanyang Technological University. He is a CFA, CAIA, and FRM. He also graduated from the MIT-Fintech certification program and has been advising several Fintech start-ups in Singapore.
Lye Heng is the author of 3 IBF-accredited FTS online Fintech courses “Understanding Fintech”, “Technologies Behind the Bitcoin and its Blockchain”, and “Analyzing Bitcoins and Other Cryptocurrencies”.
This programme has been accredited under the IBF Standards, and is eligible for funding under the IBF Standards Training Scheme (IBF-STS), subject to all eligibility criteria being met. Candidates are advised to assess the suitability of the programme and its relevance to participants’ business activities or job roles.
For latest development on the Enhanced Funding Support for IBF-STS, please visit the IBF Standards Training Scheme site.
About the IBF Standards
The IBF Standards are a set of competency standards for financial skills. These Standards are developed in partnership with industry leaders and provide a professional development and skills roadmap for financial sector practitioners to excel in their respective job roles. They currently cover 12 industry segments in the financial sector.
About the Institute of Banking and Finance Singapore
The Institute of Banking and Finance Singapore (IBF) is the national accreditation and certification agency for financial industry competency in Singapore under the IBF Standards. Find out more on www.ibf.org.sg
Early Bird Discount
Enjoy 10% early bird discount when you register one (1) month before the course commencement date.