Effective Business Negotiation in PB
About This Course
In Private Banking, relationship plays a pivotal role in securing and expanding businesses with clients. The ability to negotiate well will enhance this relationship further and give the banker greater opportunities to engage the client effectively. Asking the right questions, listening well and working as effective business partners to the clients will engender trust and build sustainable win-win solutions.
This course will enable participants to understand personal negotiation preferences and orientations. RMs will learn how to plan for negotiation by developing systematic approach and plan, while gaining confidence and techniques to negotiate effectively face to face. They will learn the importance of adhering to regulatory standards in negotiation with clients in order to deepen trust and build long-term client-centric relationships.
Who Should Attend
Relationship Managers in Private Banking
- Plan and prepare alternatives and outcomes for both parties in negotiations to support negotiation objectives
- Apply communication and conflict resolution techniques to achieve desired negotiation outcomes
- Finalise negotiation and take necessary follow-up actions to close negotiation
- Monitor and evaluate negotiation outcomes against objectives in accordance with organisational procedures
Perspective – Negotiation Principles & Positioning
- What is Negotiation – Identifying Negotiation Process in Private Banking
- Distributive Negotiation vs Integrative Negotiation
- Context of Negotiation
- Guiding Principles to establish Win-Win Outcomes in Context of Private Banking
Planning – Objectives & Alternatives
- Guiding Principles in Negotiation
- 3 Phases of Negotiation Preparation
- BATNA – What and How to establish your BATNA
- Elements of a Good Negotiation
- Roles & Responsibilities in a Negotiation Team
Standards: ZOPA, Regulations & Legislations
- Identifying ZOPA and Context in Negotiation
- Legislative and Regulatory Bounds in Negotiation
- Legislative Bounds as a Standard for Fair Criteria
Process & Negotiation Techniques
- Drafting a Negotiation Plan
- 4 Points Practical Negotiation Process
- Negotiation Tactics
- Communication Techniques
- Conflict Management
- Setting Objective Criteria: Using Relevant Precedents.
Bargaining & Problem Solving leading to Closing
- Practical Steps to Decision Making leading to Agreement
- Closing & Arriving at Agreement
- Two Useful Closing Techniques
- Follow Up in Negotiation – A Closing Approach / Beyond Closing
Gordon Aw, started his working life in the IT field with Apple Computers Singapore. After two years, he joined a non-profit organization for more than 15 years as a management staff before he left to be a senior consultant with a regional consulting company which is now known as Capelle Consulting/Academy. He later joined FHL Capital as compliance officer and was involved with investments in properties and equity market and financial planning. Subsequently, he set up his own company in corporate training and finance technology in equity algorithms. Having introduced many HNWIs to insurance agencies, he decided to obtained financial advisory license in 2016 to better advise and assist his clients.
In the context of training with financial organizations, investment and insurance agencies include key management officers, relationship managers and analysts over the last 20 years. Known as a talented orator and powerful motivational speaker and being adept in both English and Mandarin, Gordon is very well sought after for sessions in relationship management, effective leadership, team leadership, personal effectiveness, effective communication and business development. His key clients include government agencies, multi-national organizations and financial institutions such as insurance agencies, banks and property agencies. With more than 20 years of experience, he is also an experienced trainer of trainers, and had conducted sessions in China, Hong Kong, Saudi Arabia, Malaysia, Australia, Vietnam, Taiwan, the United States of America amidst many countries.
Gordon was invited as a subject expert in the early years for the WSQ competency framework development. He successfully developed several programs in leadership and communication for the agency he was involved with. He was also the competency framework architect for the King Faisal Hospital in Saudi Arabia for over 5 years.
He is a certified NLP Practitioner and a certified behavioural consultant in the DiSC© Personal Profile System, The Personal Listening Profile©, TICS® Values Profile, Taylor Johnson Temperament Tests, Big-Five and the TICS© Values System. He is well known as a communication/behavior specialist and has also developed several behavioural and leadership tests on his own and customized them for his clients.
His specialties include:
- Contextual Leadership
- Leadership Challenge
- Effective Communication Skills
- Power Presentation Skills
- Strategic Thinking Process
- Executive Coaching
- Change Processes
- Conflict Management
- Success in Negotiations
Gordon received his first degree in Philosophy and Theology from Trinity Theological College and completed his MBA program with University of Hull, England.
This programme has been accredited under the IBF Standards, and is eligible for funding under the IBF Standards Training Scheme (IBF-STS), subject to all eligibility criteria being met. Candidates are advised to assess the suitability of the programme and its relevance to participants’ business activities or job roles.
For latest development on the Enhanced Funding Support for IBF-STS, please visit the IBF Standards Training Scheme site.
About the IBF Standards
The IBF Standards are a set of competency standards for financial skills. These Standards are developed in partnership with industry leaders and provide a professional development and skills roadmap for financial sector practitioners to excel in their respective job roles. They currently cover 12 industry segments in the financial sector.
About the Institute of Banking and Finance Singapore
The Institute of Banking and Finance Singapore (IBF) is the national accreditation and certification agency for financial industry competency in Singapore under the IBF Standards. Find out more on www.ibf.org.sg
Early Bird Discount
Enjoy 10% early bird discount when you register one (1) month before the course commencement date.